Starting something new is always exciting but might also leave you feeling helpless and insecure about how things work. This is why UNICAF has designed the Induction Module that will equip you with all the necessary knowledge and skills that you need to commence your studies.
This one month module will guide you through the fundamentals of online learning and how to best utilise UNICAF’s Virtual Learning Environment.
At the end of the Induction Module, you will:
Know how to navigate the VLE and use the VLE tools:
- Submit assignments in the VLE
- Post in an academic discussion forum and reply to your peers
- Communicate with your tutor using the VLE message system
Know how to produce better-written assignments:
- Conduct your research and find credible sources for your assignments
- Construct and develop your arguments and assignments
- Provide citations and references for your sources
- Avoid plagiarism
Have learned the basic academic and administrative regulations and procedures of your University:
- When and how you can apply for an extension
- The various kinds of support the University can offer you throughout your studies
- When and how you can register for your next module
After having completed the Induction Module, you will be ready to begin you studies; however, the UNICAF team will be in constant touch with you to ensure that you can use your full potential to succeed in your studies.
For more information about the UNICAF Scholarship Programme, please visit www.unicaf.org