If you’ve ever thought about studying for a degree, you’ll know that online learning is a highly popular option. So what exactly is online learning?
Online Learning Explained
Online learning can be defined as a way of studying for an internationally recognised qualification without the need to attend classes on campus. Online learning courses are aimed at students who wish to study for a postgraduate qualification alongside work and other commitments and are undertaken without meeting a lecturer in a lecture hall. Studying can take place at home or work, wherever and whenever you like within a predetermined timeframe. The courses have a set schedule and are delivered over a specified period. Although the majority of courses do not require students to be online at certain times of the day, they do require you to be active in the course during the schedule.
If you’re reading this, you may already aware of the benefits of taking an online learning degree course, but here’s a re-cap:
- You can work in the comfort of your own home or office
- They are cost effective as there is no need to travel and parking expenses
- Courses fit into family life and work schedules
- They give the student the opportunity to ask questions spontaneously
- Instructors are accessible and approachable
- Students have access to their courses 24/7
- They can be less intimidating than a lecture hall setting
- Students have the advantage of being able to enhance their technology and internet skills
- They accommodate different learning styles using a variety of delivery methods
Is Online Learning The Right Choice For Me?
If you prefer to study at your own pace from home for reasons due to distance and/or finances, these courses are for you. Although it goes without saying that online learning students must have self-discipline and excellent reading, writing, and analytic skills, online learning has opened the door to thousands of students who would otherwise have found it difficult, if not impossible, to pursue their goals.
To find out about Unicaf’s online courses and the chance to apply for a scholarship, click here.