Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
Programme Aims and Objectives
During this course, students will be able to study the principles of key hospitality management concepts. Students will be able to gain significant skills and knowledge regarding the hospitality sector and be able to successfully function in managerial positions in the tourism industry.
The degree programme sets out to provide the student with the necessary tools and competencies to add value to any hospitality organization. The variety and scope of the courses offered provide a sound grounding for entry-level supervisory/managerialpersonnel.
Aims of the Programme
The aims of the programme are the following:
1. Gain expertise in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry and associated fields.
2. Demonstrate theoretical knowledge, practical skills, personal attributes and competencies, as well as an ability to assess industry attractiveness, identify risks and opportunities of
developing business in a global environment that will be required for management positions in a variety of hospitality enterprises.
3. Choose and apply appropriate quantitative or qualitative methodologies to analyse problems and utilize modern technological and analytical tools necessary to support decision-making in tourism organizations.
4. Develop leadership and organizational skills towards communicating vision, inspiring employees and promoting innovation and change.
5. Identify and evaluate ethical issues and communicate justifiable resolutions for practical situations.
Objectives of the Programme
On completion of the programme the student should be able to:
1. collect and analyse data for the purpose of resolving issues directly related to the hospitality industry;
2. develop appropriate skills for the industry;
3. effectively and confidently interact within an organization;
4. problem solve both individually and inteams
5. effectively use resources in order to ‘learn how to learn’
|Course Code||Course Title|
|UU-FNT-103-ZM||Introduction to Bachelor Degree|
|UU-MAN-2010-ZM||Introduction to Management|
|UU-MTH-1000-ZM||Introduction to Algebra|
|UU-ENG-1001-ZM||Composition for English|
|UU-ACG-1000-ZM||Financial Accounting I|
|UU-BBA-2000-ZM||Communication for Business|
|UU-MTH-3000-ZM||Statistical Methods II|
|UU-HOM-1000-ZM||Hospitality I: An Introduction|
|UU-HOM-1010-ZM||Introduction to Food Science|
|UU-HRM-2037-ZM||Tourism and Hospitality Law|
|UU-HOM-2010-ZM||Maintenance and Housekeeping|
|UU-HOM-2020-ZM||Introduction to Front Office|
|UU-PSY-1000-ZM||General Psychology I|
|UU-HOM-3000-ZM||Hospitality Information Systems|
|UU-HOM-3010-ZM||Food and Beverage Systems|
|UU-SOC-1000-ZM||Principles of Sociology|
|UU-HRM-3040-ZM||Conferences Management and Exhibitions|
|UU-BBA-4020-ZM||Strategy and Business Policy|
|UU-HOM-3020-ZM||Design and layout of Food Service Activities|
|UU-HOM-4080-ZM||Beverage and Food|
|UU-HRM-4000-ZM||Quality Management in Services|
|UU-HRM-4050-ZM||Tourism Environmental Management|
|UU-HRM-4040-ZM||Transport and Hospitality|
|UU-HRM-4010-ZM||Final Year Seminar|