Masters in Education
Programme Aims and Objectives
During this course, students will be able to study basic principles within the Education sector and gain significant skills and knowledge in order to become successful educators. They will
also be able to become excellent professionals in education transferring their knowledge to potential students.
The course will enable students to become efficiently equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge in order to advance in international organizations and achieve positive results when operating in executive positions.
Aims of the Programme
The course aims to:
1) Provide access to a coherent framework of professional development;
2) Provide a context for personal, professional and academic development which builds upon the concept of the reflective practitioner and is grounded in a critical approach to and effective synthesis of attendant issues of theory and practice;
3) Offer participants a programme of study which is both intellectually rigorous and academically challenging and requires them to develop their skills of communication, analysis
and research at Master’s level;
4) Encourage practitioners to take more responsibility for directing their own development including through the selection of a range of modules identified to meet their particular
requirements in terms of content, sequence and time and the negotiation of individualized assessment programmes;
5) Increase the range of teaching, learning and research methodologies available to practioners in Education and related settings;
Objectives of the Programme
1. Increase understanding of multi-disciplinary working in an education context through both the curriculum and through the experience of studying alongside students drawn form a broad range of professions;
2. Provide an opportunity for practitioners to make a contribution to the body of knowledge and understanding in Education and related fields;
3. Raise quality in the professional field of the participant;
4. Raise standards in schools, colleges or other relevant settings.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|UU-FNT-203-ZM||Introduction to Master Degree||0.00|
Core requirements (required modules)
|UU-EDU-730-ZM||Research Practices and Methods||37.50|
|UU-EDU-731-1-ZM||Dissertation Part 1||45.00|
|UU-EDU-732-ZM||Analysis of Learning Disabilities in Education||37.50|
|UU-EDU-733-ZM||ICT in Education||37.50|
|UU-EDU-734-ZM||Teaching and Learning Environment||37.50|
|UU-EDU-731-2-ZM||Dissertation Part 2||45.00|
The general admission requirements for entry to Unicaf University Zambia Master degree programmes are as outlined below. Students are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to find out more about the range of equivalent international academic qualifications accepted.
· Admission to a Master’s degree programme requires an accredited Bachelor degree or international equivalent. Related professional qualifications at the appropriate level will also be considered for entry.
· Students with an accredited Master’s degree will also be considered for entry.
· Recognized proof of English proficiency if the Bachelor degree was not taught in the English language
· A Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose (minimum 500 words)
· Current CV
· One official letter of recommendation (either academic or professional)
· Copy of valid passport of national ID
In addition to a strong academic record, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills and other relevant background information are taken into account.