Master of Business Administration Management Information Systems
Programme Aims and Objectives
During this course, students will be able to study basic principles within the world of information systems and become fully equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge to become successful managers and handle valuable information and data systems.
The course will enable students to become efficiently equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge in order to advance in international organizations and achieve positive results when operating in executive positions.
Aims of the Programme
The course aims to:
1. Develop the knowledge and skills necessary for successful strategic leadership performance, within the context of dynamic local and global challenges
2. Enhance the ability to source, analyse and critically appraise all types of business data and practice
3. Develop flexible strategies for satisfying diverse stakeholder and partner demands across the whole supply chain and other value adding systems
Objectives of the Programme
1. Integrate cutting-edge strategic research and practice to achieve business transformation
2. Engendera spirit of critical inquiry and environment that fosters life long learning and continuous personal and professional development
3. Develop skills of entrepreneurial leadership such as creativity, innovation, collaboration, risk taking, etc.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|UU-FNT-203-ZM||Introduction to Master Degree||0.00|
Core requirements (required modules)
|UU-MBA-710-ZM||Financial Management for Managers||25.00|
|UU-MBA-712-ZM||Theories of Management||25.00|
|UU-MBA-714-ZM||Business Function and Procedures||25.00|
|UU-MBA-718-ZM||Strategic Leadership and Practice||25.00|
|UU-MBA-740-ZM||Web Design and Development||25.00|
|UU-MBA-741-ZM||Business Data Communication and Security||25.00|
|UU-MBA-742-ZM||IT Project Management||25.00|
The general admission requirements for entry to Unicaf University Zambia Master degree programmes are as outlined below. Students are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to find out more about the range of equivalent international academic qualifications accepted.
· Admission to a Master’s degree programme requires an accredited Bachelor degree or international equivalent. Related professional qualifications at the appropriate level will also be considered for entry.
· Students with an accredited Master’s degree will also be considered for entry.
· Recognized proof of English proficiency if the Bachelor degree was not taught in the English language
· A Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose (minimum 500 words)
· Current CV
· One official letter of recommendation (either academic or professional)
· Copy of valid passport of national ID
In addition to a strong academic record, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills and other relevant background information are taken into account.