Master of Science in Web Design and Development
Programme Aims and Objectives
During this course, students will be able to study basic principles within the Web Design world and become fully equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge so as to become
successful web designers and developers.
The course will enable students to become efficiently equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge in order to advance in international organizations and achieve positive results when operating in executive positions.
Aims of the Programme
The course aims to:
1. To equip students with a professional level of competence in web design and content management;
2. To provide students with the opportunity of creating a live website and to measure its success;
3. To help students become familiar with the growing and fast-evolving body of knowledge within the web design discipline.
Objectives of the Programme
1. Enable students to become successful web designers/developers and strive to excellence in the digital world.
2. Apply all principles and theories into practice in real-life situations
3. Introduce students to the rapidly changing world and become successful professionals in the Web Design/Development industry.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|UU-FNT-203-ZM||Introduction to Master Degree||0.00|
Core requirements (required modules)
|UU-MWD-500-ZM||Design for Web Content||25.00|
|UU-MWD-520-ZM||Applied Art for the Web||25.00|
|UU-MWD-630-ZM||User Experience Design||25.00|
|UU-MWD-640-ZM||Social Media and SEO||25.00|
|UU-MWD-650-ZM||Programming and Scripting||25.00|
The general admission requirements for entry to Unicaf University Zambia Master degree programmes are as outlined below. Students are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to find out more about the range of equivalent international academic qualifications accepted.
· Admission to a Master’s degree programme requires an accredited Bachelor degree or international equivalent. Related professional qualifications at the appropriate level will also be considered for entry.
· Students with an accredited Master’s degree will also be considered for entry.
· Recognized proof of English proficiency if the Bachelor degree was not taught in the English language
· A Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose (minimum 500 words)
· Current CV
· One official letter of recommendation (either academic or professional)
· Copy of valid passport of national ID
In addition to a strong academic record, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills and other relevant background information are taken into account.