Master of Arts in Nursing*
The MA Nursing programme provides students with the opportunity to engage in the academic study of nursing, identifying and understanding key arguments in the thematic study of nursing in contemporary society in local, national and global contexts. Completion of this programme will enable students to link theoretical analysis with empirical enquiry in considering issues related to nursing, while nurturing intellectual and creative potential. Students are empowered to become rigorous, critical and analytical in their thinking about the interplay between nursing and healthcare, policy, and societal factors. This master’s level programme encourages a high degree of initiative, independent judgement, self-motivation and critical self-awareness to develop students' abilities in research, data selection, organisation, evaluation and analysis so this can be fully utilised in the application of their skills within the field of their choice.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
Postgraduate Certificate Level
|LJMU-7501-NURUNI||Advancing Leadership for Quality Practices||20.00|
|LJMU-7502-NURUNI||Quality Monitoring and Improvement||20.00|
|LJMU-7503-NURUNI||Approaches to Managing Long Term Conditions||20.00|
Postgraduate Diploma Level
|LJMU-7504-NURUNI||Infectious Deseases: Treatment and Prevention||20.00|
Postgraduate Award Level
The entry requirements for admission are:
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent in a Nursing or Health related subject. Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- Registered Nurse status in home country
- English Proficiency: Students satisfy the English proficiency requirements provided they present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent qualification. Students who do not acquire the above mentioned qualifications are required to take the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where students need to score an overall 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5).
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining how the programme of study will benefit the student’s career progression.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
* Entry requirements may vary depending on the programme of study.